2018 CALVERT COUNTY FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP
Application deadline: March 31, 2018
The Calvert County Farm Bureau is offering a $1,000 scholarship to high school and college students for the 2018-2019 school year. Applicants, or their family members, must be Farm Bureau members to qualify. The scholarship is open to high school seniors who will be enrolled full time in a college degree program for the Fall 2018 semester, or a current full time college student. Preference will be given to applicants who are pursuing an agricultural or environmental related degree.
Applicants, please complete the following documents:
- The Calvert County Farm Bureau Scholarship Application
- Official High School or College Transcript
For the essay, please answer the following questions – a paragraph for each will suffice:￼￼
- Describe your relationship to agriculture.
- What are your extracurricular activities?
- What is your community and/or social involvement?
- Describe your educational plans as they relate to your career objectives and future goals.
Please download the application, complete and mail with above documents to:
Calvert County Farm Bureau
Attention: Cathy Cosgrove
1865 Horsom Farm Lane
St. Leonard, MD 20685
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
2017 Calvert County Farm Bureau Scholarship Awards
The Calvert County Farm Bureau Board of Directors awarded eight $1,000 scholarships for 2017 which are being funded through proceeds from the Farm to Table Breakfast, the 2016 Dining in the Field event, and contributions from the Calvert County Farm Bureau Young Farmers Committee.
Scholarship awards were presented at the Calvert County Farm Bureau Picnic on Saturday, July 22nd. The 2017 Calvert County Farm Bureau Scholarship recipients are:
- Katie Burroughs, College of Southern Maryland
- Danielle Eiler, Towson University
- James Freeland, Universtiy of Maryland
- Becky Jones, Institute of Applied Agriculture at the University of Maryland
- Josiah Manning, University of Maryland Sarah Manning, West Virginia University
- Jordan Mister, High Point University
- William Sears, College of Southern Maryland
About Our Scholarship
Applicants must be high school seniors starting college in the fall of application year or be current full-time students at any accredited community college, four-year institution or vocational school. Applicants or their parents/guardians/spouse must be members of the Calvert County Farm Bureau at the time application is submitted.
Thank you to those who have made donations to the Calvert County Farm Bureau Scholarship Fund in memory of your loved ones. To make a contribution, please contact Susan Allen at 410.535.0074 or send a check, payable to Calvert County Farm Bureau, note the memorial contribution in the memo, and mail to 3695 Hallowing Point Road, Suite 4, Prince Frederick, MD 20678.
In Memorial of Phyllis Horsmon (August 25, 1947 – October 2, 2015)
Thank you to those who made donations in memory of Mrs. Phyllis Horsmon who was a devoted member of the Maryland and Calvert County Farm Bureau.
- Alice Hunter
- Carrie Polk
- J Allen Swann
- Judy Trow
- Walt & Susie Hance Wells