What is Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau?
The purpose of the Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau contest is to identify young women with agricultural backgrounds to serve as leaders in an effort to promote agriculture and the Farm Bureau throughout the year and in the future.
Open to young women age 16 – 19 who do not turn 20 by the date of the state contest at the end of August 2020.
The winner of the Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau contest will represent Calvert County in the Miss Maryland Agriculture Contest at the Maryland State Fair in August.
Applications are open for 2019 – 2020. You can download the 2020 Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau Application.
New this year! Junior Miss Contest
Junior Miss Contest open to young ladies age 12 – 15
Please complete this application and submit it to the Calvert County Farm Bureau by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 1865 Horsmon Farm Lane, St. Leonard, MD 20685. Application, is due by October 21, 2019.
If you have questions, please call Debbie Jones, the Calvert County Farm Bureau Vice President at (301) 928-6781 or email@example.com.
Please note that this is a program to surface young leaders and we expect these individuals to maintain the highest standards in their presentation and participation at events. All applicants are expected to attend the Calvert County Farm Bureau Banquet and participate in the Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau contest on Friday, November 1, 2019 at 6pm at the Calvert County Fairgrounds. Candidates should wear business attire and be prepared for an interview based on their application and essay.
The candidate who is selected as Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau is expected to fully participate in activities at the local and state level. The Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau also agrees to participate in the Miss Maryland contest which takes place during the Maryland State Fair. This includes a 3-day orientation (date to be announced — takes place in early August) and a 2-day competition during the state fair (date to be announced — takes place in late August).
Applicants will receive two complimentary tickets to the Calvert County Farm Bureau Banquet to participate in the contest. These tickets are for the candidate and one parent/guardian. Additional tickets may be purchased at calvertfarmbureau.com/banquet.
- The contest is open to young women between the ages of 16 and 19 who do not turn 20 by the date of the state contest at the end of August 2020.
- Contestant and/or their parents or guardians must be members of the Calvert County Farm Bureau, “in good standing”. Each contestant under the age of 18 must have written consent from a parent or guardian to enter the contest.
- Applicants must be able to fully participate in the Miss Calvert County Farm Bureau Program during the Calvert County Farm Bureau Banquet on Friday, November 1 which takes place at the Calvert County Fairgrounds.
- The winning contestant must be able to fully participate in the Miss Maryland Agriculture Orientation Program in Timonium and fully participate in the two-day competition in Timonium during the State Fair.
The application includes several parts:
- Essay Question
- Personal Info & Membership Verification
- Parental Consent
And various other forms (State Application).